8/14/2013

Washi Wednesday - Halloween Greeting Card

Hi Beauties~

I am falling in L-O-V-E with Washi Tape.  So much so, that I think I want to try something new with Washi Tape each week.  For my maiden Washi voyage, I am trying something very easy... a simple Halloween card.  Here is the Halloween card I made using the Witches' Brew Washi Tape from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog.

 
See this card made by watching the video below 

 
Wasn't that fun?
 
Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape
 
Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape 132156
Price: $4.95
Attach embellishments to your projects with style! 3 designs per package; 3/8", 1/2", 5/8" widths. 5 yards of each design. Acid free, lignin free. Coordinates with our Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper.

Here is a little random information I found on Washi - ENJOY!
Washi (和紙) is a style of paper that was first made in Japan. Washi is commonly made using fibers from the bark of the gampi tree, the mitsumata shrub (Edgeworthia chrysantha), or the paper mulberry, but also can be made using bamboo, hemp, rice, and wheat. Washi comes from wa meaning Japanese and shi meaning paper, and the term is used to describe paper made by hand in the traditional manner.

Happy Stampin' Beauties!!! ~ Jean Piersanti Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Order Stampin' Up! products 24/7 at http://www.jeanpiersanti.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment